Changes due to TPD Laws from May 20th 2017 onwards
After May 20th 2017 the full range of EU TPD laws apply.How does this affect our product range?
All existing Nicotine containing products (and variations of) must be emission tested and certified then submitted to the MHRA. This means that for a single flavour with 7 VG/PG/Nicotine variations we would require 7 tests, we have over 240 Flavours, each test costs hundreds of pound so testing all 240 Flavours at 7 variations would cost well in excess of half a million pounds!
All new Nicotine containing products (i.e new flavours) must be emission tested, certified and submitted to the MHRA 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
What we cant do
- # We can no longer sell bottles larger than 10ml which contain Nicotine
- # No Nicotine containing bottle can exceed 2mg in strength
- # Sell non TPD compliant Nicotine Containing e-liquids
- # Sell non TPD compliant e-cigarette products or accessories
What we can do
- # We can still sell bottles of e-liquid of any size (10ml/100ml) containing no nicotine with no TPD requirements.
- # We can choose to sell other manufacturers TPD compliant products (as we do for e-cigarettes).
- # Still sell higher strength Nicotine as a wholesale operation to trade buyers.
What we are going to do about this for our product range?
We have submitted a range of VG/PG/Nicotine base liquids for TPD compliance. The idea will be to sell a small range of TPD compliant VG/PG/Nicotine base liquids. We will also sell small bottles of flavour concentrate. If a customer chooses to combine them that will be their choice and something we bear no responsibility for.
What does this mean for customers who want 10ml Bottles
- # You will use our website as normal and select a Flavouring and indicate the preferred Nicotine base strength.
- # You will be sent the 10ml TPD Compliant Base liquid (Containing the VG/PG and Nicotine) and the separate 2ml bottle of Flavouring. It would be up to you to decide to combine them.
VG/PG Blend Guidance
Please note that Motivape makes its eliquids fresh and most eliquids benefit from some degree of steeping to get the best out of the flavours. For more information on steeping Click Here to read our quick guide.
|VG/PG Blend Strengths||Suggested Usage|
|VG/PG 80/20||This is the maximum amount of VG (with flavouring it is actually between 80-90%). Ideal for those big vapour clouds.|
|VG/PG 70/30||Produces a smooth inhale with clouds of vapour, probably the most popular blend.|
|VG/PG 60/40||If you prefer Vapour over flavour and throat hit.|
|VG/PG 50/50||A balance and compromise between throat hit, flavour and vapour production.|
|VG/PG 40/60||If you prefer flavour and throat hit over vapour.Usually preferred by those coming from traditional cigarettes.|
|VG/PG 30/70||Ideal for those who enjoy intense flavour and throat hit with moderate clouds when vaping.|
|VG/PG 20/80||A small vapour cloud, intense flavour and a strong throat hit.|
VG / PG Strength Suggestions
|There isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer to this. It depends on the kind of vaping experience you prefer. Many people use various levels of PG and VG for different purposes:|
|Throat Hit – If you enjoy a sharp throat hit when vaping then you’ll prefer a high PG vape. The ‘kick’ at the back of the throat, is something many ex-smokers crave, and PG (along with the nicotine) provides more of this than VG. PG carries flavour marginally better than VG, so the flavour will be slightly improved.|
|Smoothness – High VG fluid tends to give a much smoother feeling on the throat, with a more substantial ‘thicker’ mouthfeel. The flavour is slightly muted in VG fluids, but this can be countered by using more power to produce more vapour. Be careful to stay within the voltage/wattage limits of your atomiser, or you risk dry hits, or even damaging your equipment.|
|Stealth Vaping – If you want to keep your vaping lowkey in public then high PG is the way to go. Less vapour is produced when exhaled, making this ideal for the less ostentatious vaping enthusiast. However, you should always apply common sense. Vaping in certain places, such as waiting rooms and on public transport, is often outlawed and is simply bad manners. As vaping is relatively new, we have a duty to be aware of public opinion and behave responsibly.|
|Cloudchasing – A growing trend in vaping circles is ‘cloudchasing‘. This simply involves exhaling dense clouds of vapour, the thicker the better. There are even competitive events based around this activity, where the person producing the biggest clouds wins. If this appeals then high VG is the only option – the higher the better.|
Nicotine Strength Guidance
|Nicotine Strength||Suggested Use*|
|0%||For those who only want to enjoy the wide range of our flavours. Zero nicotine|
|0.3%||For dripping or very light smokers|
|0.6%||Ideal for Smokers of 10 low strength cigarettes a day|
|1.2%||Perfect for Smokers of 10 standard strength cigarettes a day|
|1.8%||Aimed at Smokers of 15-20 standard strength cigarettes a day|
Shipping and Contents
- All orders made before 3pm Mon-Fri will be dispatched on the same day.
- Orders made after 3pm on a Friday will be dipatched the following Monday
- The products are shipped in plain white padded envelopes or unmarked brown boxes.
- Free Shipping is 2nd Class Royal mail (2-3 days delivery)
Our E-liquid is made here in the UK adhering to stringent quality standards and shipped direct to you. We use the highest quality pharmaceutical and food grade ingredients, sourced from the UK and US and all of our ingredients conform to British and European safety standards.